Depending on the laws and standards applicable in each case, the range offered by GSI encompasses not only the certification of personnel, products, (management) systems and processes but also personnel qualification and manufacturer qualification.
In addition, we can act as a qualification testing and monitoring body for our customers.
We carry out personnel certification procedures in the following areas of application:
- Directive 97/23/EC (Pressure Equipment Directive) as a qualification testing body appointed according to Article 13 for:
- Welders according to EN 287‑1 / EN ISO 9606‑1 (steel) and EN ISO 9606‑2 (aluminium) and according to EN ISO 14732 for operators and setters for the mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials.
- Brazers and operators of brazing facilities according to EN ISO 13585 (formerly EN 13133:2000)
We carry out personnel qualification procedures in the following areas of application:
- Federal State Building Regulations of North Rhine-Westphalia as an NRW25 qualification testing body for the checking of manufacturers of certain construction products and of users of certain construction types according to Section 17, Paragraph 5 of the Model Building Regulations (MBO):
- Qualified welders and operators of welding facilities are essentially responsible for the quality and safety of welded structures. Not only do many sets of rules demand trained and certified joining personnel but, for reasons relating to product liability, it is advisable also in the "unregulated" field to employ qualified welders and operators. The knowledge about this and the experience of thousands of executed qualification tests constitute one part of our core competence. As a recognised independent body, we conduct welder qualification tests according to EN ISO 9606‑1 (steel) and EN ISO 9606‑2 (aluminium) within the framework of the Pressure Equipment Directive too. After five working days at the latest, you will receive the welder qualification test attestations/certificates. Furthermore, we carry out qualification tests for operators and setters for the mechanised and automatic welding of metallic materials according to EN ISO 14732. Whether you want to carry out welder or operator qualification tests for the first time, have any questions about the new standards in this field or need a reliable partner for the completion of the qualification tests: We will be happy to help you with regard to all the questions about everything to do with this subject.
- DVS 1146 guideline, Welding of reinforcing steel according to DIN EN ISO 17660‑1 for the 111, 114, 135 and 136 processes.
- Thermal sprayers according to EN ISO 14918.